We hope you and your family are well, and are adjusting to our “New Normal” as best as possible. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience, resilience and understanding, and update you on COVID-19 and its unprecedented impact on all our lives, as well as what it means moving forward. Please know, we are practising as per our PHO, Dr. Bonnie Henry and CDSBC (College of Dental Surgeons of BC) guidelines. I would like to emphasize that our provision of dental care will be under their control, resulting in a guided and measured approach. As yet, we are not able to accommodate a full hygiene schedule but will be working towards increasing capacity as permitted by our regulatory bodies.
We are grateful to have the opportunity to welcome you back. Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice and we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients, staff and community. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the BC College of Dental Surgeons, BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), Provincial Health Office (PHO) and Work Safe BC. We closely follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols, so you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We have included a list of some of the changes and ENHANCED PRECAUTIONS we have taken to help protect our patients and staff. Your patience and support is greatly appreciated during the time.
Our office will communicate with you beforehand to direct you to (access from our website) a treatment consent form with a set of health-related questions.
- It is required that this questionnaire be completed so we can download it prior to your appointment.
- You’ll be asked these same questions again when you are in the office.
- Record non-contact temperature of every patient and staff member upon entering the office.
Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients.
- That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Please maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- We encourage you to use a mask as per the current mandate.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers in reception area.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Implement new protocol for scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions virtually to allow for a contactless exit from your appointment.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Infection Control: We have hand sanitizer that we ask you to use when you enter/exit the office. You will also find some throughout the office for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our reception area will no longer offer magazines and children’s books as they are difficult to disinfect.
- Increased disinfection of common and high touch areas e.g. credit pads, pens etc.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients, including mist or fogging devices to access hard to reach places.
- Installation of Jade air purifiers by Surgically Clean Air in each operatory
- Additional personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our team.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
- Disinfect all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Providing tele dentistry services for preliminary diagnosis, triaging, follow up or communication.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. When coming for your appointment, please make every effort to arrive at your scheduled time and ensure that you have utilized the restroom if needed.
Although there have been many changes to our lives, we are the same people; and as always, will endeavor to give you the best possible care. To make an appointment, please call our office at 604.988.5014.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. Upon the CDSBC permitting resumption of elective and non-essential dental care, to ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has:
- Fever or chills? Cough? Difficulty breathing? Sore throat? Nausea, Vomiting or diarrhea?
- Body aches? Headache? Extreme fatigue/tiredness? Loss of smell or taste?
- Travelled outside of Canada within 14 days prior to symptom onset
- Close contact with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19
- Other potentially relevant exposure such as close contact with someone who was ill and had travelled outside of Canada in the 14 days before their symptom onset.
Patients meeting the criteria above are encouraged to phone to reschedule their appointment, before entering the office. Patients meeting the criteria above may request testing via their primary health care provider or by calling 8-1-1.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you as soon as we can.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: